Place Services is currently recruiting for a Junior Urban Designer to join its multi-disciplinary consultancy team based in Chelmsford, Essex. Place Services is a Local Authority Traded service, which provides a wide range of specialist Urban Design services to a number of clients throughout the UK.
This role is an exciting opportunity for any recently qualified Urban Designer or Part 1 Architect who wants to work on a diverse range of projects as part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
This role will provide you with a wealth of experience in working on a wide range of projects from large scale residential developments to public realm projects, design codes and design guidance.
We are interested in prospective candidates who can demonstrate a good working knowledge of Urban Design and Architecture while having a keen interest and passion for place making and making a real difference to the planning and design of new communities.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of Urban Designers, Landscape Architects and Planners and undertake a wide range of projects, including:
• Providing specialist Urban Design planning advice,
• Produce design guidance including new planning policy,
• Provide support to produce tenders and bid proposals,
• Prepare CGI visuals and concepts through to detailed designs, technical drawings, schedules and specifications for public realm enhancement schemes,
• Prepare presentation and consultation drawings.
For an informal discussion about the position please call Peter Dawson (Built Environment Manager) on 03330136861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.