Phil holds an MSc in Town Planning and is a Chartered Member of the RTPI, with over 10 years’ experience in the fields of planning policy formulation, evidence base creation and Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment (SA/SEA). He is able to deploy strong research, analytical and literacy skills and has successfully carried out a wide range of planning policy related activity, including:
- Developing planning policies for local plans, including minerals and waste plans,
- Taking part in public drop in events to explain policy and successfully defending policies at Examination.
- Producing evidence base documents including a Green Belt Review strategy, a topic paper exploring emerging best practice with regard to integrating public health outcomes into Local Plan formation and Local Aggregate Assessments
- Authoring SA/SEAs on a broad range of planning documents including district Local Plans and Local Transport Plans,
- Managing public consultations on Local Plans.
- Attending regional and national events to remain informed of changes in national planning policy and emerging best practice. Is also a member of the Minerals Planning Advisory Group and the Minerals and Waste Learning Project.