Landscape Consultant (various levels)
- Date Posted: 19 October 2021
- Closing Date: 21 November 2021
- Location: Chelmsford
- Type: Full-time, permanent
Please note the salary is £36,057.00 for a Landscape Consultant position and £40,095 for a Senior Landscape Consultant position.
This role is currently remote working due to Covid but is usually office based. Post Covid we would expect a flexible working arrangement between our office in Chelmsford, our client’s offices throughout the South-East, and home working.
The post holder will will advise on landscape matters, including: providing development management and policy advice to local authorities, evaluation and delivery of landscape assessments and LVIA, landscape strategies, design guides and codes, landscape design and management; advising on design review, preparing design briefs; and undertaking supervised specialist tasks as part of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Accountable for the effective delivery of a range of landscape design services including: managing a demanding caseload of minor and major development management consultations at all stages of the planning/consent process (pre-application, application and post consent); evaluation and carrying out landscape visual assessments and LVIAs on schemes of limited scale and complexity; preparing design briefs for sites of limited scope and complexity; carrying out design reviews on schemes of small to medium scale and complexity; developing landscape strategies, design guides and codes, planting plans and hard landscaping schemes, for medium scale and complex schemes; including data capture, analysis and presentation; and completing specialists tasks as part of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Responsible for maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external clients and partners, to help ensure successful business outcomes, by seeking feedback to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and helping to maintain a client-focused culture across Place services.
- Responsible for enhancing the recognition and reputation of Place Services through promotional events and activities, and by building internal and external networks.
- Responsible for tendering for low-value opportunities; management of low-value projects and contracts, against approved budgets, specifications and indicators.
- Contributes to the review and development of legislation, plans, policy and standards, collecting, presenting and preserving evidence including case work documents (including for planning appeals and enforcement) to recognised standards, reviewing outcomes, and assessing third party compliance.
- Contributes to the execution of ECC and client’s responsibilities and duties of care in relation to the public realm and the wider built environment.
- Contributes to implementing changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of technical service delivery.
- Contributes to increasing the skills base across the environmental and planning sectors through development and delivery of straight forward training activities and events and preparation of learning materials.
The senior post is also expected to be:
- Responsible for ensuring effective coaching of the landscape specialists for technical delivery, quality of outputs and client service, helping to build a high performing specialist team.
- Successful delivery of all Service Level Agreements, contracts and projects, including those incorporating multiple disciplines, to time, budget and specification, to ensure profitability.
- Have an account management role, retaining and influencing existing clients through effective relationships and help foster a client-focused culture and commercial mind-set across Place Services.
- Win new business and clients, promoting our services, developing and bidding for new opportunities to expand Place Services’ client base and increase its market share.
- Secure competitor and market intelligence for the landscape specialism to develop and maintain understanding of the issues, opportunities, risks, profitability and trends within its key markets.
- Promote the landscape specialism and Place Services through networking and by developing and delivering marketing material, papers, seminars, events and training, collaborating with peers across disciplines.
- Actively keep updated within specialism, maintaining technical knowledge and commercial acumen, translating learning into improved value for clients and Place Services.
- Working collaboratively within Place Services to contribute to creating a positive team culture and encourage joined up, integrated and effective team working.
For further details or any queries, please contact Peter Dawson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07748623787
More information or apply for the position of Landscape Consultant