This workshop will examine
- How planning policy and new developments can make a real difference to the health of residents, learning from work by Public Health England, TCPA and others
- Making the best use of Health Impact Assessments
- Opportunities for increased partnership working between planners and public health professionals in Essex councils, and wider partnership working with the NHS in Essex
- Using the Essex Design Guide in designing for health and wellbeing, and opportunities for planning policy documents and planners
- Group work in the second half of the workshop – on the best use of Health Impact Assessments in planning.
Laura Taylor Green, Essex County Council, Health Impact Assessment Specialist
Michael Chang, Programme Manager for Planning and Health at Public Health England (PHE) and Co-Founder of the Health & Wellbeing in Planning Network.
Email us for more information PlanningSkills@essex.gov.uk