- Client: Essex Housing
- Local Planning Authority: Essex County Council
- Location: Chelmsford
- Date: 28 October 2018
Goldlay Square is an exceptional residential development of 32 apartments; 23 private units and 9 specialist units for young people with learning disabilities who are transitioning into adulthood.
Place Services worked in collaboration with the project team to deliver a good quality green open space for the new community.
This is the first scheme to be developed by the team, who have recently been shortlisted in the Inside Housing Development Awards 2018 for the ‘Development Team of the Year’ and spearheads a significant development programme that will contribute to Essex County Council achieving their strategic aims and priorities, and will deliver a range of accommodation to improve outcomes for Essex residents including:
- Affordable homes to meet local housing need.
- Homes for market sale to generate capital receipts.
- Generation of health and social care savings through the provision of specialist accommodation (Learning Disability, Mental Health, Older People).
- Mixed developments that re-provide operational building to reduce maintenance liabilities and operating costs across the public estate.