- Planning Skills Associate
- Download v-card
Lewis is Director of our Planning Skills training programme, designing and delivering bespoke training for local council planners, councillors and built environment professionals.
The training programmes he developed at Anglia Ruskin University transferred to Place Services in January 2019. He continues to deliver courses across East England and beyond, including for county planning manager groupings like the Essex Planning Officers Association and similar organisations.
Lewis has designed and delivered over 250 planning training workshops and multi-day training events since 2004. He has also been Housing and Planning Module Tutor on the Anglia Ruskin Town Planning MSc.
Before 2004 he was a local government manager, civil servant and then consultant for 25 years, focusing on recycling and waste reduction, climate change, local council strategy, service improvement and environment protection.
Lewis also contributes his Councillor, strategic planning and political expertise, informed by being Leader of Cambridge City Council since 2014 and a Councillor since 2004, and earlier a Greater London Councillor for six years in the 1980s.
His wider Council strategic planning roles include
- past member of Planning Committee, and leading contributor to Local Plans since 2004
- chair of Greater Cambridge Partnership Board for four years since and, until recently, Strategic Planning lead on the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
- chair of Fast Growth Cities Group (Norwich, Cambridge, M Keynes, Oxford, Peterborough and Swindon councils), and active member of OxCam Arc steering group
- Local Government Association representative on 2020 Labour Planning Commission.